GOOD TIMES. GREAT SPIRITS.
Catch the Firefly Spirit.
The first Firefly Distillery, just 30 minutes outside of Charleston, SC. was the birthplace of Firefly Spirits. It is where the founders, Jim Irvin and Scott Newitt, came up with the crazy idea to build a distillery in the ‘middle of nowhere,’ and make the world’s first Sweet Tea Vodka. That crazy idea was a destination known for its genuine southern hospitality, fine quality spirits and innovation.
Though we have since moved on from that location, we’re still making quality spirits and great experiences at our new distillery. We are still located in South Carolina at 4201 Spruill Ave., North Charleston. At the distillery, you will meet the ‘Firefly Family’ and have the opportunity to sample an array of our fine spirits and get a taste of southern hospitality at its best.
Created in a small still in South Carolina, Firefly became the world’s first hand-crafted sweet tea flavored vodka. Keeping true to its Southern roots, Firefly is distilled four times, infused with tea grown on a plantation five miles from the distillery and blended with real Louisiana sugar cane. It is simple to mix in and even simpler to sip and enjoy.
Just remember, It ain’t your grandma’s sweet tea!
Firefly Flavored Vodka
Just straight up lowcountry livin’ at its best with our straight vodka infused with all natural lemon and grapefruit. Our Lemonade and Ruby Red Vodkas are local favorite island sippers.
Long before we started putting labels on jars and sharing our shine with the public, we were mixing up special batches for our own enjoyment. Now all folks can enjoy this good old-fashioned moonshine that’s been handcrafted in the southern tradition. We love it this way…hope you will too.
- 1 part Cherry Moonshine
- 1 part Original Sweet Tea Vodka
Combine all ingredients over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a cherry.
- 1 part Firefly Lemonade Vodka
Combine all ingredients over ice in a rocks glass. Stir.
- 1 jars White Lightning Moonshine
- 2 jars Apple Pie Moonshine or Blackberry Moonshine or Caramel Moonshine or Cherry Moonshine or Strawberry Moonshine
Mix in pitcher or tub. Suggestions:
- Cherry or Strawberry Moonshine with cranberry, blueberry, raspberry juices, lemon and lime wedges
- Peach Moonshine with citrus juices, pineapple chunks & orange wedges
- Caramel and Apple Pie Moonshine with apple juices, cranberry juices, fresh apple slices
Makes 55 servings, 6 oz. drinks.
- Peel the zest off the lemons with a Y peeler avoiding the pith(white part)
- Add the zest to Firefly Moonshine White Lightning
- Let stand (Scott & Jim let it stand for 1 month!)
- Heat 4 cups of water and just over 2 cups of sugar with a mint sprig (with leaves) until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool down the sugar water and strain the zest and added sugar water to lemon White Lightning.
- Put in freezer and enjoy when chilled!
- Splash of Firefly Lemonade Vodka
Pour orange juice into glass. Top with Champagne or Prosecco. Add the splash of Lemonade Vodka. Brunch it up!